Monday, November 7, 2011

Never dreamed of a white Halloween!

I have sung the words, "I'm dreaming of a white Chistmas" many, many times through the years.  Wishing for much more as a child then I do now of course.  However, never in a million years did I ever think that I would see snow on Halloween weekend! But we did this year!

On Saturday, my multiples group had a Halloween Parade (which luckily had an indoor option because of the weather).  The kids had a great time doing crafts and playing with their twinnie friends before the got to parade around and trick-or-treat!

With our 6 year old twin friends Joseph & Bella


Then on Sunday, we went around trick-or-treating to some of our close family so they could see our costumes.

Aunt Sis

Nonna



Mom-mom & Pop-pop's (note snow on railing)

With Mommy & Daddy

Grandma & Grandpa
On Monday, the kids had a Halloween parade & party at school.  I was happy to be able to go see it before heading to work for a half day.  Then I was able to leave a bit early to come home and take them trick-or-treating.  I don't know if I have ever had so much fun trick-or-treating.  Summer & Cole quickly got into the routine of walking up the doors that were open (a lot of people aren't home in our development so the people who are have the big door open with just the screen door shut), ringing the door bell and waiting for our neighbor to come to the door.  When the person came to the door, they would say trick-or-treat and then thank you very much after receiving said treat.  Then the best part was as they turned to me to walk down the stairs they would hold open their bag and say, "Mommy, look we got treats!" will these huge smiles and glowing eyes filled with such excitement and appreciation.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching them have all of this fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment