Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful for Jim


10 years ago this month I went on my first date with Jim!  I won't stand here and tell you that it's been perfect the whole time.  We've had some ups and downs over the years, but mostly ups.  I'm glad I said yes for that first date and glad that I kept going on every date after that.  Here are ten reasons why I am most thankful for our life together!

10. I'm thankful that he said yes when my sister told us about the perfect kitten at her work that we just had to adopt (and then to the 2 more that we later brought home), even though he never had a cat in his life prior!

9.  I'm thankful that he doesn't expect me to be the "perfect housewife", because let's face it... I'm NOT!

8.  I'm thankful that he has a wonderful family that took me right in and accepted me as their own.  His mom even hung a Christmas stocking for me after we had been dating for a year!

7.  I'm thankful for his sense of humor... because sometimes you just need to laugh!

6.  I'm thankful that he is a very hard and competive worker and takes very good care of our family.

5.  I'm thankful that he is extremely supportive of me being very involved with my local twins club, because I have made some great friends, have received great advice from other moms of multiples and have attended some great events through this group.

4.  I'm thankful that he took me on my very first trip to Disney World and that it is a place that we both really enjoy going and plan to continue taking our kids.  It is our special place. 

3.  I'm thankful that he asked me to marry him in front of Cinderella castle and then married me on a beautiful August day in 2004.

2.  I'm thankful that he loves being a dad and while no one is perfect he strives to be great at it! 

1.  I'm thankful that he loved and supported me through all of our fertility treatments that were especially difficult for me to deal with and in the end made me the mother to our beautful twins!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! I'm thankful that I met you both through your sister :)

    ReplyDelete