Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome to our blog!

I've been trying to decide for some time whether blogging is for me... well I've finally decided to give it a try.  We'll see if I can get into the groove and actually keep this up to date.  The kids are constantly doing things that I want to document and let our friends and family know since some are far away.  I really enjoy reading what my friends are up to on their blogs and hope that you will enjoy reading our stories as well.  We have a lot of fun and excitement on the horizon. 

First on the list...
Since we started daycare in September, the kids have been sick pretty regularly.  Since the first week of December, I have made at least a weekly trip to the pediatrician's office with either Summer or Cole and on occassion.... BOTH!  While Cole has recovered from a couple of ear infections and PNEUMONIA!  Summer has had constant sinus and double ear infections for about 2 1/2 months straight at least.  No amount of medication has been able to clear them up. At the end of January we went to Dupont with her and the ENT made the decision for her to get tubes in both of her ears and to take out her adenoids.  Her adenoids are so enlarged that they are not allowing her sinuses to drain properly, thus causing the ear infections.  Since the tubes will only remain in her ears for 6-18 months (they fall out on their own), the doctor hopes that by taking out her adenoids at the same time that she will not need a second set of tubes down the road.  Summer had her pre-surgery appointment today and was such a good girl.  She did everything the nurse asked her to do as well as performing her own exam on "Pink Bear" (for those of you who don't know who "Pink" is... I will have a future post about her).  Surgery will take place this coming Monday, so please keep Summer (and me if you know how much I freak out about anything involving doctors, needles & surgery!) in your prayers. 

Again... welcome to our blog and we hope you come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment