Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Heading into a New Year 2014!

2013 was a busy year for sure and it definitely had its share of ups and downs. 

The kids graduated from Pre-K, were registered for and started Kindergarten in 2013.  Their graduation ceremony was so adorable and well done.  Jim and I are so proud of how well they did in Pre-K as well as how much they are doing in Kindergarten.  They LOVE doing homework and learning new things. 
Pre-K Graduation!
 
First Day of Kindergarten!
 

We spent a week at the beach in Sea Isle in June and it was really nice to just relax and spend time with each other.  Plus we had several visitors to stop down and spend time with us too!  And we had an awesome family vacation to Disney World for the kids' 5th Birthday.  Plus I also was fortunate enough to have a fabulous girls' weekend in Disney with my sister-in-law! 

Ice Cream on the Beach
 
Birthday Surprises in Disney World!
 


A major goal of mine in 2013 was to work on getting fit.  And I'm proud to say that I stuck with this ALL year with the exception of the last 7 weeks while I have been wearing an immobilizer boot to heal an injury.  I tried out running, but that didn't really work out for me and is how I started my injury.  Then I found Zumba, which I've fallen in love with and over the summer I got into Bosu Bootcamp as well.  I have lost 12 pounds this year which has been a major goal for awhile that I have failed many years to act on.  I'm so very proud that I've actually found a type of exercise that works for me and have stopped making excuses for why I can't do it.  I am counting the days until I can get back to the gym.... which I never thought I'd actually be saying!

12 pounds lighter in 2013!



We have also had some major challenges & disappointments in 2013.... Jim's company went through major downsizing and his position was eliminated in October, but we were very lucky that he was offered a step down position.  We've also had some financial difficulties with our rental property and are in the process of putting it on the market (fingers crossed). 

We added a cousin to the family this year when my cousin had her baby girl on Jim's birthday!  We were very nervous for this dear girl to arrive as my cousin had some medical scares during her pregnancy, but luckily other than being a very tiny peanut.... she's perfect!  My dear cousin Kate got married on Black Friday and Summer & Cole were the Flower Girl & Ring Bearer.  It was a beautiful day as we welcomed Jay into the family officially!  We also had a very devastating and unexpected loss of a dear family member. 

Proud Momma with the Flower Girl & Ring Bearer
 
Summer with her godmother, my gorgeous cousin, Kate!
I just love this shot!

 

Pushing forward to 2014 we are setting more goals over here for the Haztwin family....

Number one on the list is most definitely selling our Florida rental property, which will relieve a big financial strain.  I seriously love that house and if I could move it up here and live in it I would, but having a house that far away is just too much. 

As long as all continues to go well in Kindergarten.... the Haztwins are going to full day public school in September!  Seriously I may take the day off and have a freaking party to celebrate the end of daycare tuition being direct debited out of my checking account. If anyone wants to join me... let me know! 

Getting out of this boot, strengthening my leg, getting the right shoes and possible orthotics so that I don't have to deal with this again.  And then getting back to the gym!  I am hoping to get back to a 3x a week workout schedule at the gym and then maybe also adding something at home too.

My BFF.... Ugh!



On the home front.... I have been doing better with cooking and meal planning, but I'd like to do better with that.  I also really need to clean out and organize this house.... BIG time!  I have downloaded a planning binder and am hoping that it will help me with a plan of attack. 

Jim and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in August and are hoping to be able to celebrate with a trip or something special if we can. 

Our Wedding - August 7, 2004


I hope to be able to spend more time at the beach again this summer.  The kids really love it.... although I'm not sure if Summer likes the beach or just the ice cream man!  Seriously.... ask my sister... she almost walked 2 blocks to the ice cream shop because Summer would not stop talking about when the ice cream man was coming (like wouldn't stop talking for 2 hours!).  I'm also hoping to calm down our weekend schedule a bit and spend more quality family time together.... the kids are growing up so quickly and we need to cherish these moments together.  I'm really loving how magical the world is to them and want to explore with them. 

So that is it.... those are the goals.... check back to see what we accomplish this year!  What are your goals? 

1 comment: