Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Birthday Sunday & 7 years of marriage...

Sunday we celebrated both of my sisters, Kim & Liz's & my stepmom, Lenora's birthday that all fall this week.  It was so nice to see everyone and for the kids to all play together.  Here are some pictures...





Unfortunately we didn't get to stay too long and missed the cake because Jim & I had reservations at Ruth Chris for our 7th wedding anniversary which fell on Sunday.  I'm so thankful for this guy, who actually gets (usually) the way that I work and is ok with that.  Unfortunately for him, Summer is my clone so he now gets to deal with two of us.  But at least he's had lots of practice already with me.  On one hand, I can't believe that it has been 7years since that gorgeous August day that we were married on and had such a fun time with all of our friends and family.  And on the other hand, we had had so much happen in those years... sicknesses, we have lost some important people in our lives, disappointments, milestones, awards, vacations, great memories, our beautiful nephew & niece, and so much more.... and of course best of all... the last nearly 3 years have been consumed by our precious gifts, Summer & Cole!  Before they were here, I had no idea how much they would fill our lives with happiness and now that they are I can't imagine not having them in my life.  Thank you Jimmy (even though I joke that I didn't really need you to make them b/c the doctors did all the work) for loving me through all of our struggles and our happiness and for giving me above all else those 2 little babies that are growing up before our very eyes.  Here's to the next 7+!

No comments:

Post a Comment