Friday, November 22, 2013

Thankful thoughts during a hectic week

It's been a bit of a bumpy week in more ways than one, but we still have plenty to be thankful for...

CountingBlessings
http://www.ourgoodfamily.org/2013/11/counting-blessings-in-the-midst-of-sickness-and-stress/

  • I'm thankful that I found an amazing and easy recipe for lemon bars and that I was able to cheer up a few people who needed cheering up this week with said lemon bars
  • I'm thankful that I found an entire pack of pink pencils that I was able to have personalized for Summer Lou... I think she might have a heart attack when she finds them in her stocking Christmas morning.  (there will be some blue ones for Cole too)
  • I'm thankful that I got a great deal on Cole's main Christmas gift
  • I'm thankful for the Cheryl & Co cookies that were delivered to my friend at work when I was having a rough day and that she knows to run to my office with them first whenever she gets them.... best cookies ever!
  • I'm thankful that my husband (whose been rather sick this week) got my a pumpkin spice latte as a surprise one night this week when he knew I had a rough day at work
  • I'm thankful that my new orthopedic doctor was so accommodating of my schedule. The office called to tell me that the doctor was needed for a surgery and wouldn't be able to keep my 1:50pm appointment and could I come earlier since he'd only be in the office until noon.  I explained that I worked 35 miles away and that it would be difficult to come earlier unless they had something first thing in the morning.  She asked if she could call me back after she checked to see if the doctor would come in at 7:45am before his first scheduled patient to see me.... and he agreed! 
  • I'm thankful that even though I was hoping to be out of this immobilizer boot much sooner (so far I've been in it a week and really it's not so bad) than a couple of MONTHS.... that I am fortunate enough to have wonderful medical coverage through my employer and that the doctor thinks that this non-invasive treatment will work.  I'm hopeful that we are on the right path even though it is going to take much longer than I anticipated.  Now in addition to my boot for the day time.... I have a night splint to sleep with.  Aren't they just beautiful!  

  • I'm thankful for the fantastic report cards that both kids received today... Here are some excerpts... "Cole is an enthusiastic learner who loves to participate.  He makes good choices and consistently used his personal best effort on a daily basis." and "Summer is a wonderful student.  She seems to really enjoy school and shows an interest in learning.  Summer also participates often and puts forth her best effort."   
  • I'm thankful that the kids love school so much and that this is what my sliding glass door looks like.  It was a little hard to capture, but I'll try to point out the highlights...
    • I love you mom
    • Miss Summer & Miss Cole (can you tell we haven't had any guy teachers yet for them to understand that he would be Mr. Cole?)
    • tally marks in groups of 5
    • counting to 100 by 10s
    • a clock
    • The cat sat on the mat (this sentence was written without any help at all)
    • 10+11 = 21
    • 5+5 = 10
    • Do you eat turkey on thanksgiving (I did help her spell this sentence, but she came up with it as her "question of the day")

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the door :) What a fun way for the kids to learn!! So sorry that you are going to be wearing the boot longer - do you know when you might be done?

    ReplyDelete