Saturday, November 9, 2013

Giving thanks for Halloween and beyond...

I'm linking up with my friend Aurie's Counting your Blessings Link up.... I missed last week, but had started a draft so this week I'll be incorporating two weeks of thankful thoughts into this post...


CountingBlessings
http://www.ourgoodfamily.org/2013/11/blessings-in-the-mess-counting-blessings-link-up/


Here is my last week's list...
I know it may seems strange to be thankful for Halloween.... a holiday that is based around candy!  But that is what I'm thankful for this week among other things.
  • I'm thankful that I got the opportunity to jump on the soccer field and coach Cole's game last Saturday.  It was really fun!
  • I'm thankful that New Katie, Uncle Kevin and Allie were able to make it to see the game
  • I'm thankful that my MIL was able to take Cole to the dentist for me when his appointment needed to be rescheduled because our dentist is having surgery (and I'll be praying hard that she does well because she is the best dentist ever!)
  • I'm thankful that I have a great boss who tells me that my family comes first and I was able to take Halloween off to make great memories with my kids
  • I'm thankful that not only was a chosen to be a parent helper in Cole's classroom for his party, but also that both kids' teachers went above and beyond to let me be involved with both S & C (not only letting me visit Summer's class as well, but actually suggesting that I get Cole from his class to take a picture with me and the kids together)
 
 
  • I'm thankful for the technology that allowed me to participate in a conference call for work in between the "big school" party and the afternoon daycare party
  • I'm thankful that my neighbor is home on maternity leave and always seems to have that one thing that I forgot I didn't have which in this case was a lemon during my conference call to keep my banana ghosts from browning! And I have to mention that Summer was SO excited about these treats from me that she ate it first before any of the other treats!
  • I'm thankful that they were SO excited to start trick or treating as soon as they got home from their party at daycare and that since we finished so early (due to being the first trick or treaters) they were equally excited to hand out treats on the front steps
 
Now for this week....
 
  • I'm thankful that my mother in law was willing to come over and help me empty all of my kitchen cabinets while I fixed shelves, purged unneeded items, wiped everything down and found nice new homes for everything.  I'm not really good with sticking with a task until it is completed and she really helped with get so much done! 
  • I'm thankful for the internet that helped me to find an amazing recipe for beef brisket and that it turned out absolutely delicious and I got 2 thumbs up from my kids!  They ate so much and even ate vegetables which are a major struggle lately. 
  • I'm thankful that my mother in law was also able to watch the kids 3 days this week while they were off of school which was such a huge help!
  • I'm thankful that I was able to take another day off this week and that living social had an amazing deal on the Please Touch Museum during the summer.  I was able to plan ahead with a friend to get together during teacher conventions this week and take our kids for a fun day out!  We had a really great day!
  • I'm thankful for getting to see my SJMOMS friends this month
  • I'm thankful that Cole decided that he was going to really play soccer today and run and try his hardest!  He did such a great job and was so excited that Grandma & Grandpa were there to cheer him on. 
  • I'm thankful that we were able to get together with some friends and their kids tonight for the kids to play and for the grown-ups to catch up and eat dinner. 
  • I'm thankful that I got a 50% off coupon when I rented Cole's suit for Aunt Kate's wedding that we were able to use for Jim to get a much needed new suit today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment