Friday, March 23, 2012

Checking in ... 3 in 30

3in30 Challenge
This month of course is not going according to plan!  In the course of one week, I had to finish preparing for my HUGE consignment sale and prepare to be out of work for 2 weeks and prepare to have an internal organ removed and be on the mend with 2 small children.  This was quite enough for me to contend with. 
The came the devastating phone call that a beloved uncle had passed suddenly and much too soon, which meant traveling to the services in an already busy week.  But well worth the travels to be with my family that unfortunately I don't get to see often enough.  Then my breaking point came when my less than 1 year old washing machine started leaking buckets due to a rip on the seal (luckily it was still under warranty and was fixed a week and a half later). 
I am finally feeling somewhat human again after my gallbladder was removed on Monday and here is my progress for the month. 
1) Continue Progress on Clothing - I completed preparing for my consignment sale.  I left with my in-laws CRV full of items and returned with this 1/2 a bin of clothing!  Success! 

Still loving my laundry schedule but with the broken washer and me healing that currently means that my fabulously wonderful mother-in-law has been helping with the laundry.  I have sorted through the hand me down bins and my purchases for both children and have an XL Ziploc (seriously love these bags) of spring/summer size appropriate clothing for each of them. Not perfect, but am happy that I am still progressing thanks to some help from the MIL. 
2) Cook at least 3 nights per week - This has just taken a back seat to all that has been going on.  Getting read for my consignment sale and traveling out of state and being stressed has just not left me in the cooking mood.  This week however there has been a home cooked meal each night, does it count if I didn't cook it??
3) Read a book - DONE!  I have finished the book that I've been picking up and putting down for quite a while.  Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner and am hoping to read another book over my next week at home. 

2 comments:

  1. With all that has been happening in your world lately yes it sure does count that it was homemade meals even if you didn't need to cook them.
    What a crazy insane busy time for you and you still managed to do a great job on you goals!!
    Condolences on your Uncle. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot going on for you! I'm sorry about the loss of your uncle.

    Yay for a helpful MIL!

    I'm stopping by today from the 3in30 site. It's nice to "meet" you. : )

    ReplyDelete