Thursday, March 1, 2012

3-in-30 March Goals

3in30 Challenge
So I am seriously excited by this challenge... the first month was a bit rocky, but I am so happy with my accomplishments so far this year.  Granted they are major baby steps on what I really want to get done, but by breaking them into small realistic pieces I don't give up as easily and actually feel like I am getting somewhere.  Even if it is very slowly!

I have to pull back in the reigns a little bit on this month's goals as I will be having my gallbladder removed on March 19th and out of work recovering for 2 weeks. 
1) Continue Progress on Clothing - this means finishing preparation for my consignment sale, sticking with my laundry schedule and figuring out what clothing is needed for the upcoming season (I have hand-me-downs as well as some newly purchased and consigned clothing to organize). 
2) Cook at least 3 nights per week - I LOVE to cook!  I really do.  However, working 40 hours a week, driving 70 miles a day, 3 1/2 year old twins who would rather eat breakfast for dinner, a husband who does not arrive home until 8pm and numerous other excuses... I do not cook as often as I would like or as I used to.  With my new low-fat diet requirements (not sure what my restrictions after surgery will be yet) and my Summie Lou's dairy free diet, oh and did I mention my extremely picky husband... I've begun exploring some new menu options.  My goal is to plan a menu for the week on the weekend, so that I can do the necessary shopping for the week.
3) Read a book - I have not read a full book for quite some time and I was most likely on vacation when this was accomplished!  Since I will be spending 2 weeks home from work recovering from my surgery mostly by myself... I figure I should be able to read AT LEAST one book!  That's it folks... wish me LUCK!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like there are a lot of challenges coming up with meals that everyone can have and enjoy eating. I have a daughter who needs dairy-free meals as well. It totally changed the way I cooked. Was surprised at much food has dairy in it - even things that you wouldn't think have dairy in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for the encouragement! It is amazing how much has milk in it that no one even thinks about.

      Delete
  2. Great goals - totally looking forward to seeing you at the sale :) I did really well at mine this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did well at your sale. If you are ever selling pink & purple sizes that would fit Summer... let me know... I can buy and you don't need to tag :)

      Delete
  3. It's great to meet up with another working mom! Looking forward to seeing your results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tami and for the encouragement! I'll be sure to stop by your blog too! Love finding other working moms too!

      Delete