Thursday, October 3, 2013

Counting my blessing during a stressful week...

I knew this week would be stressful.... but as luck would always have it... it was a bit more stressful than I had ever anticipated...

CountingBlessings
http://www.ourgoodfamily.org/2013/10/counting-my-blessings-one-at-a-time/

Despite being dealt one of the biggest lemons we've been given in quite some time... we still have plenty to be thankful for

1) I'm thankful that I planned ahead last weekend and cooked most of Sunday.  I cooked for the whole week... I made crockpot oatmeal for my breakfast, I made a big batch of smoothies and froze them for my lunch and I precooked dinners for the week.  This has made mealtime stress this week absolutely zero.  I also am feeling great having not had any takeout this week (except for a little snack after my SJMOMS meeting last night).  This has also saved a great deal of money with not eating out as well.

2) Speaking of my SJMOMS group... I am thankful for being part of such an amazing group of women and to call many of them my friends.  They have made my life with twins so much easier and I don't know what I would've done without them. 

3) I am thankful that we were invited to a friend from school's house and had a great family play date.  It was nice for the adults to enjoy dinner and socializing, while the kids played nicely with each other. 

4) I'm thankful for my fabulous neighbors who watched Cole when Jim was running late from work so I could pick up Summer and her friend from dance without dragging him along. 

5) I'm thankful that even though my husband lost his job in a huge layoff this week that he was given the opportunity for a lesser position instead of no job at all. 

6) And I am thankful for this... Summer did this at school today and I think I will try to add a picture to each of these posts showing off what they are learning this year. 

 
Have a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it jac. Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jackie! I missed about Jim. I'm so sorry - please let me know if you need anything at all!!

    ReplyDelete